Feminists For Action

Your awesome Tagline

5 notes

The Big pink Planned Parenthood came to Muncie because of all our work against Mike Pence!!! YES!

15 notes

tehsunshine:

The Ball State Feminists for Action + Some really awesome BSU students/Muncie residents protesting Mike Pence yesterday. When this shit gets overturned in the Senate, we’re going back to celebrate in front of his office!

tehsunshine:

The Ball State Feminists for Action + Some really awesome BSU students/Muncie residents protesting Mike Pence yesterday. When this shit gets overturned in the Senate, we’re going back to celebrate in front of his office!

(Source: dippingstickssunshine)

0 notes

Protest against Mike Pence part two!

Hello fellow feminists! The protest we did on Tuesday with Planned Parenthood went so well that we decided to do it again! Mike Pence responded by saying that PP helps sex traffickers…So this time we are protesting minus Planned Parenthood (but in support of them). So lets see what his response is now! SUCK IT PENCE!

SATURDAY FEBRUARY 19th!

107 W Charles Street, Muncie, IN

3pm-5:30 pm

GET EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16 notes

I left this message for Mike Pence…

tehsunshine:

…and it took all of my willpower to keep my voice steady and stick to the script (and to not pull a Briana and scream “SUUUUUUCK IT MIKE PENCE” into the phone).

Hello Mr. Pence,

My name is Erin [redacted] and I am one of your voting constituents. I am very active in the political process- I have written to you several times and I was out in front of your Muncie office yesterday, February 15th.  While I appreciate the fact that you acknowledge my communication with you, your knee-jerk, form-letter responses to my concerns don’t really address the issues I care about.

You propose cutting Title X funding to Planned Parenthood while claiming that taxpayer dollars are funding abortions. This simply is not true. Under the Hyde Amendment, taxpayer dollars already cannot pay for any abortions, including those Planned Parenthood provides. In addition, abortions are only 3% of the services provided by Planned Parenthood. The remaining 97% is comprised of cancer screening, breast and gynecological exams, contraception, and STD testing/ treatment. The federal money that supports these services is an investment in the health and lives of our lower-income citizens; for every dollar the government spends on Planned Parenthood this year, it saves almost four dollars the next.

By cutting Planned Parenthood’s funding, Mr. Pence, you will be doing your taxpayers an economic disservice. You will be wasting our money in the name of cutting abortion funding- which simply isn’t true. The health of millions of women will suffer and you may even inadvertently raise the abortion rate because low-income individuals won’t have access to birth control. This is not a pro-life action, Mr. Pence.

I also noticed that your representative told the Star Press that Planned Parenthood participates in sex trafficking rings. This is also a blatant falsehood. The militant right-wing group (led by a convicted criminal) that published those highly edited videos posed as sexual predators of underage girls, and Planned Parenthood did everything in its power to report those (albeit false) criminals to the authorities. By perpetuating these falsehoods, you engage in behavior unbefitting a distinguished Congressman such as yourself, and you undermine your own credibility.

So I urge you, Mr. Pence, to cease your attack on Planned Parenthood as it is illogical, economically unsound, and incredibly anti-life.

Ok, so I totally said “SUUUUUUCK IT” after I hung up the phone. I’m only human.

(Source: dippingstickssunshine)